Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Green Packing?

We're moving again. After a lovely 8 month visit up north with the family, British Columbia is calling our hearts home. So we are back in packing mode.

I've been trying to think about how to pack 'greenly'. And if its possible.

While I can't get away from cardboard boxes and packing tape, there are a few things that are making it greener.

First of all, I guess the best way we are "recycling" things is by getting all our boxes from the grocery stores. They have certain days where locals can come get as many boxes as they want, in all sizes so we've been doing that. Thankfully, they have lots of small ones. Being 8 months pregnant, I'm doing very VERY little lifting so the smaller I can pack things like books & movies, the better.

Also, while I'll use some newspaper to wrap things in, I'm using a lot of our clothing & blankets to pack fragile items in. The clothing is all getting packed anyways, so why not use a tshirt to wrap a pie plate, or a towel to put in the bottom of glass items?! Its working great and at least this way I don't get my hands all black from newsprint!

Its just two small things that most anyone can think of but if you imagine what an impact all new boxes and all new packing paper would produce then its the small things that make a difference!

3 comments:

  1. LOL Miss Becks - a LOT of life can happne between one blog post in the next, no? God is GOOD, ALL the time!

    Praying you to your new location.

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, had to come back to tell you the scrambled security word for that last comment... it was:

    cytedly

    Yep, thats what you were feeling as you packed, you were cytedly packing all your things for your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! I know you'll have your hands full for a awhile with the new place and the new baby coming! Take care. This is truly a season of SPRING in your life. Keep clinging to your Savior, trusting Him for everything.

    ReplyDelete