Sunday, March 6, 2011

Household cleaners & toddlers

I have to add another "HOORAY" for using vinegar as a cleaner (or baking soda)  My son has recently decided that LICKING things is funny. Especially the windows! Ew, right! But, while I chase him away from doing so, I am not horrified because I know, I only washed that window with vinegar, not some toxic chemical cleaner.
While I'm pretty sure licking a vinegar-washed window shouldn't taste good either, it hasn't slowed him down... so I'll be washing them a bit more often with vinegar to get the drooly tongue prints off :)

A product like Windex isn't the worst product you could be using in your house. While it is deemed safe by World Health Organizations & the like, some environmentalists note that it can be known to cause skin irritation as well as potential damage to kidneys & liver.

Windex is also a common suggestion to aim at pesky bugs like ants & roaches... supposed to kill them on contact!? Anything with chemical warnings, symbols or that sort of "killing" potential usually sets off lil red flags for me.   Happy to stick with my vinegar!

No comments:

Post a Comment